Fine wine tastings Cape Town & Johannesburg
We are beyond excited to welcome you back to our tasting rooms this year! With safety protocols in place, we will be hosting a number of new events in both Cape Town and Johannesburg. The second tasting schedule of 2022 has been released – see our events line-up below. Please sign up to our mailing list if you would like to receive our newsletter when the next line-up is released and avoid missing out.
- 25 AprThe Storm brothers: Atlantic vs Pacific Pinot Noir18h00Wine Cellar Observatory, Cape TownR750per ticketBrothers Hannes and Ernst Storm will present their Pinot Noirs in an epic, one night only, SA vs USA tasting.
- 11 MayChardonnay Regional Review: Hemel-en-Aarde, Stellenbosch, Elgin & Burgundy18h00Wine Cellar Observatory, Cape TownR650per ticketSA Chardonnay has never been more highly regarded. We'll take you on a regional journey to explore standout local wines alongside international counterparts. Chassange-Montachet takes on Helderberg.
- 21 JunVan Loggerenberg Wines New Releases18h00Wine Cellar Observatory, Cape TownR295per ticketNot to be missed, Lukas van Loggerenberg showcases his brilliant 2021 releases. Taste his new wines, which includes the sought after Trust Your Gut and Graft, next to international reference wines.
- 15 AugPremium WSET Level 3 Award in Wines Course18h00Wine Cellar Observatory, Cape TownR18,950per ticketWe're excited to announce that Wine Cellar has partnered with the International Wine Education Centre (IWEC) and will be hosting a Premium WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course. IWEC is Africa’s first approved programme provider for the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) – the world leader in wine and spirit education.
- 12 MayChardonnay Regional Review: Hemel-en-Aarde, Stellenbosch, Elgin & Burgundy18h00Dunkeld, JohannesburgR650per ticketSA Chardonnay has never been more highly regarded. We'll take you on a regional journey to explore standout local wines alongside international counterparts. Chassange-Montachet takes on Helderberg.
- 25 MayEasy Portuguese: Branco. Tinto. Porto18h00Dunkeld, JohannesburgR650per ticketPortugal is making some of the best quality, well-priced wines in the world. Join us as we explore wines from legends Anselmo Mendes and Dirk Niepoort of this 4000-year old wine industry.
- 9 JunExploring Chianti Classico with Querciabella18h00Dunkeld, JohannesburgR550per ticketJoin us as we taste through verticals of Querciabella's Chianti Classicos and more, and see how they've brought Chianti back to life. We will be joined virtually by their winemaker, SA-born Manfred Ing!
Create your own tailored tasting
We recommend a wine budget of at least R 500 per person.
No. of people
We host private tastings for anywhere between 10 – 100 people.
Let us know your wine tasting preferences or the theme of your event.
Due to high demand and limited event size, payment is required to secure your booking. In the event of cancellations, full refunds will only be given if we are notified 5 business days or more before the date of the event via email. Substitution of an attendee may be made at any time after payment. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to low enrolment or other reasons beyond our control. If we have to cancel a tasting event, we will notify customers immediately and offer a full refund or the opportunity to reschedule.