Specialised Wine Cellaring in Cape Town
Our wine storage facilities
Wine is sensitive to temperature change, as well as light, heat and humidity. Therefore, correct storage is crucial for provenance and maturation. Our cellars in Observatory and Maitland, Cape Town provide the ideal conditions for both long and short-term wine storage. All wines are stored in our clean, dry, dark and vibration-free cellars. The temperature is controlled at 14°C, at a humidity of 70%, and is monitored and recorded daily. The cellars are locked and protected with high-security alarms and CC cameras. Access is only permitted with a member of Wine Cellar. Our storage customers are able to view their cellared wines online and request withdrawals at the click of a button.
Cellaring rates include
Receiving, handling and documentation.
Cataloguing and barcoding of full cases. Larger consignments will accrue a cataloguing fee.
Login details will be given to each customer to view their cellar online.
R450 insurance per 750ml bottle for storm, wind, fire and water damage only.
For trade customer enquiries, please contact our cellaring team.
How can I start cellaring wines at Wine Cellar?
- Download and fill in the cellaring contract.
- Send it via email to the cellaring team.
- We will contact you within 24 hours and send through your online cellar login details.
Please note: A minimum cellaring period of 6 months per contract unless otherwise agreed. Customers are required to enter into a binding agreement with Wine Cellar at the commencement of cellaring.
- All wines require cataloguing and checking before being accepted into storage.
How do I transfer my wines to Wine Cellar?
- For wines currently stored elsewhere, we can arrange for them to be transferred to our cellars.
- Email your requirements to the cellaring team and we will contact you regarding the transfer fees.
How do I withdraw wines from storage?
- Wine Cellar requires 24 hours’ notice for access to reserves.
- Wine withdrawals can be requested online via your cellaring dashboard or ordered via email to the cellaring team.
- Withdrawal wines are available for collection from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm only.
- Costs associated with the transport and delivery of withdrawn wines are for the customer’s own account.
- Full payment is required on the withdrawal of all wines.
Can I get my storage wines delivered?
- Yes, but any costs associated with the transport and delivery of withdrawn wines are for the customer’s own account (including wines previously purchased from Wine Cellar).
- View our delivery charges.
How do get charged?
- No upfront payment is required when opening an account. We bill quarterly in arrears.
- You will receive your invoice via email at the end of February, May, August and November.
- All the payment options will be provided with the invoice. You can pay your account via credit/debit card, SnapScan, Instant EFT, or via a manual bank transfer. We except Visa, Mastercard, Masterpass, Amex and Diners cards.
Cellaring fee breakdown – 2021/2022
|Billing product||Price per quarter||Price per annum|
|SNG BOTTLE||R 12.50||R 50.00|
|SNG BOTTLE SR||R 15.00||R 60.00|
|SNG MAGNUM||R 12.50||R 50.00|
|SNG MAGNUM SR||R 15.00||R 60.00|
|CASE2||R 8.00||R 32.00|
|CASE2 SR||R 9.50||R 38.00|
|CASE3||R 13.00||R 52.00|
|CASE3 SR||R 15.50||R 62.00|
|CASE6||R 25.00||R 100.00|
|CASE6 SR||R 30.50||R 122.00|
|CASE12||R 43.00||R 172.00|
|CASE12 SR||R 52.00||R 208.00|
|MAGNUM CASE||R 29.50||R 118.00|
|MAGNUM CASE SR||R 35.50||R 142.00|
|SNG 3L||R 25.50||R 102.00|
|SNG 5L||R 40.50||R 162.00|
|SNG 6L||R 45.50||R 180.00|
|SNG 9L||R 55.00||R 220.00|
|SNG 12L||R 74.00||R 296.00|
|SNG 15L||R 79.50||R 318.00|
|SNG 18L||R 86.00||R 344.00|
- SR cases: Larger than standard wine cases