Wine Cellar Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Conditions of sale
- Returns policy
- Tastings policy
- En-Primeur sales
- Brokerage sales
1. Conditions of Sale
- You must be of legal drinking age to use this website and order goods and services from Wine Cellar - Fine Wine Merchants.
- All wines are sold by the bottle, unless otherwise indicated.
- Prices include VAT, unless sold en-primeur.
- Orders can be placed via our website or by email to email@example.com.
- Payment should only be made after orders have been approved.
- We accept the following payment methods: bank transfer, InstantEFT, Visa, Mastercard, Diners, Amex and SnapScan
- If any payment is overdue we shall be entitled to suspend deliveries/collections.
- View our delivery charges here.
- Wine Cellar reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate. If goods or services are no longer available after payment has been made, users will be refunded.
- In the case of items or services being mistakenly under-priced, we will not be obliged to provide the item at the stated price provided that we notify you before the item is delivered / before the service commences. If you no longer wish to proceed with the order, a full refund will be issued.
- You must inspect all goods when collecting or on delivery. In the event of incorrect order fulfilment or damage, please contact Wine Cellar within 3 days of collection or delivery. Thereafter, you will not be entitled to a refund.
2. Returns Policy
Every effort is made to ensure that orders are fulfilled correctly. If, however, you do not receive exactly what you have ordered, we will gladly rectify the problem or provide a full refund at no extra cost.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our returns policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wine Cellar delivers nationwide and offers free delivery on wine orders over R1,500 excluding tastings and event bookings. This also excludes next-day delivery to Johannesburg. Our standard delivery charges are outlined here. Please note that time frames are an estimate only and are not intended to be binding.
Our current storage charge will apply for all goods that have not been collected / delivered within 3 months of being available. It is the customer's responsiblility to ensure that the delivery address is entered correctly. Wine Cellar will not be liable for loss, damage or expense caused by input errors.
4. Tastings Policy
Due to high demand and limited event size, payment is required to secure your booking. In the event of cancellations, full refunds will only be given if we are notified 5 business days or more before the date of the event via email to email@example.com. Substitution of an attendee may be made at any time after payment. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to low enrolment or other reasons beyond our control. If we have to cancel a tasting event, we will notify customers immediately and offer a full refund or the opportunity to reschedule.
5. En-Primeur Sales
- Wines are sold in Rands only at the current Rand/Euro exchange rate.
- Wines are sold exclusive of VAT and shipping.
- Payment is required on invoice via EFT on presentation of the invoice. Credit card payments carry a 2.5% surcharge.
- Shipping (estimated at R50 per bottle) and VAT are payable when the wines land in South Africa.
- Unless otherwise stated, bottles are in standard 750ml format. Please note that 375ml, 1500ml and 3000ml bottles carry a small surcharge.
- Cases are available in 6 x 750ml, 12 x 750ml, 12 x 375ml, 24 x 375ml or 6 x 1500ml sizes.
- Orders must be placed by email to Johan@winecellar.co.za.
- Cellaring is billed quarterly in arrears in February, May, August and November, calculated on the weekly charge. View our cellaring charges.
- Payment is required on invoice.
- Clients are required to enter into a binding agreement with Wine Cellar at the commencement of cellaring.
- We require 48 hours' notice for access to customer reserves.
- Full payment is required on the withdrawal of all wines. Please give at least 5 working days' notice for account closures.
- There is a minimum cellaring period of 6 months per contract.
- Wine withdrawals can only be ordered via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wine withdrawals are available Monday to Friday, from 8am to 5pm only.
- Delivery and collection of storage wines can be arranged, and will be charged at the cost of transport (see our standard rates).
6.1 Cellaring Rates Include
- Receiving, handling and documentation.
- Cataloguing and barcoding of full cases. Larger consignments will accrue a cataloguing fee.
- Login details will be given to each customer to view their cellar online.
- R450 insurance per 750ml bottle for storm, wind, fire and water damage only.
- Download our cellaring contact to read the full terms and conditions.
7. Brokerage Sales
- Wine Cellar has made every effort to only offer the finest vintage wines. The vintage wines on our list have been tasted, checked and approved by Wine Cellar after meeting strict quality criteria.
- All wines are inspected before departure from our cellars to ensure that older vintage wines are not leaking, ullage is acceptable, and labels are intact.
- Wine Cellar cannot be held liable for refunds or the replacement of any wines judged spoilt, over-mature, cork-tainted or faulty in any way.
- In the case of couriering vintage wines, the liability falls on the customer once the bottle leaves our cellars.
- The couriering of vintage wines is not recommended and the liability of the condition of the wines falls on the customer once the bottle leaves our cellars. We suggest using specialised packaging to maintain the correct temperature and act as an additional form of protection during transport. The cost is R 70 per 6-bottle case.
- Where applicable, the brokerage fee is included in the sales price and is charged at 11,5% commission to the seller, inclusive of VAT.
- Wines sold on brokerage take an extra 24 hours to process compared to regular store orders as they first need to be withdrawn from the cellar.