Wine Cellar Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- You must be of legal drinking age to use this website and order goods and services from Wine Cellar – Fine Wine Merchants and Cellarers.
- All wines are sold by the bottle, unless otherwise indicated.
- Prices include VAT, unless sold en primeur.
- Orders can be placed via our website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment should only be made after orders have been approved.
- We accept the following payment methods: bank transfer, Visa, Mastercard or Amex.
- If any payment is overdue we shall be entitled to suspend deliveries/collections.
- View our delivery charges here.
- Wine Cellar reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate. If goods or services are no longer available after payment has been made, users will be refunded.
- In the case of items or services being mistakenly under-priced, we will not be obliged to provide the item at the stated price provided that we notify you before the item is delivered / before the service commences. If you no longer wish to proceed with the order, a full refund will be issued.
- You must inspect all goods when collecting or on delivery. In the event of incorrect order fulfilment or damage, please contact Wine Cellar within 3 days of collection or delivery. Thereafter, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Every effort is made to ensure that orders are fulfilled correctly. If, however, you do not receive exactly what you have ordered, we will gladly rectify the problem or provide a full refund at no extra cost.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our returns policy, please contact email@example.com.
Wine Cellar delivers nationwide and offers free delivery on wine orders over R1,500 excluding tastings and event bookings. This also excludes next-day delivery to Johannesburg. Our standard delivery charges are outlined below. Please note that time frames are an estimate only and are not intended to be binding.
Cape Town and Surrounds
One to two working days
- Up to 12 bottles - R60
- Add an additional R30 for each 6 bottles over 12
Cape Town Outlying Areas (Somerset West, Stellenbosch, Paarl, Hout Bay, Tokai etc.)
One to two working days
- Up to 12 bottles - R90
- Add an additional R40 for each 6 bottles over 12
Johannesburg, Pretoria, PE, Caledon and Bloemfontein
Two to four working days
- Up to 6 bottles - R120
- Up to 12 bottles - R130
- Add an additional R50 for each 6 bottles over 12
Johannesburg – ONR (Overnight Road) Service
We can deliver to Johannesburg the next working day.
Orders must be placed before 14:00pm and the wines will be delivered the following afternoon.
- Up to 12 bottles - R300
- Add an additional R120 for each 6 bottles over 12
Four to five working days
- Up to 6 bottles - R150
- Up to 12 bottles - R170
- Up to 18 bottles - R200
- Add an additional R120 for each 6 bottles over 18
Regional Areas, e.g. George, Nelspruit, Witbank
Three to four working days
- Up to 6 bottles - R170
- Up to 12 bottles - R190
- Add an additional R60 for each 6 bottles over 12
Available upon request
For large quantities, pallet rates and refrigerated transport please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation.
Our current storage charge will apply for all goods that have not been collected / delivered within 3 months of being available. It is the customer's responsiblility to ensure that the delivery address is entered correctly. Wine Cellar will not be liable for loss, damage or expense caused by input errors.
Due to limited event size, payment is required to secure your place at Wine Cellar tastings. In the event of cancellations, full refunds will only be given if we are notified 5 business days or more before the date of the event via email to email@example.com. Substitution of an attendee may be made at any time after payment. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to low enrolment or other reasons beyond our control. In the case that we have to cancel a tasting event, we will notify customers immediately and offer a full refund or the opportunity to reschedule.
- Wines are sold in Rands at the current Rand/Euro exchange rate.
- Wines are sold exclusive of VAT and shipping.
- EP wines cannot be bought online. Please send your order to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment is required on invoice via EFT. Credit card payments carry a 3.5% surcharge.
- Shipping (estimated at R30 per bottle) and VAT are payable on landing.
- Minimum order per wine is 6 bottles.
- Cases are available in 6 x 750ml, 12 x 750ml, 12 x 375ml, 24 x 375ml or 6 x 1500ml sizes.
- Unless otherwise stated, bottles are in standard 750ml format. 375ml, 1500ml or 3000ml bottles carry a small surcharge.
Cellaring is billed bi-annually in arrears in March and September, calculated on the weekly charge. View our cellaring charges.
- Payment is required on invoice.
- Clients are required to enter into a binding agreement with Wine Cellar at the commencement of cellaring.
- We require 24 hours’ notice for access to customer reserves.
- Full payment is required on the withdrawal of all wines. Please give at least 5 working days’ notice for account closures.
- There is a minimum cellaring period of 3 months per contract.
- Wine withdrawals can only be ordered via email to email@example.com or by fax to 086 631 7931.
- Wine withdrawals are available Monday to Friday, from 8am to 5pm only.
- Delivery and collection of storage wines can be arranged, and will be charged at the cost of transport (see rates above) plus 10% handling fee.
Cellaring Rates Include
- Receiving handling and documentation.
- Cataloguing and barcoding of full cases. Split or mixed cases will accrue a surcharge.
- Your cellar can be viewed online at www.winecellar.co.za. Once the stock has been received, a unique login and password will be given to each client.
- Insurance of R150 per 750ml bottle of wine for coverage of storm, wind, fire and water damage. Clients must use their own short-term insurance to cover values over and above this.
- Mixed cases will be documented and catalogued at a once-off fee of R6 per wine type. I.e. a mixed case of 12 wines will attract R72 extra per case.