Quinta de la Rosa, Reserva Tinto 750ml 2014

Portugal, Douro
In stock
Only 4 left
SKU
QuintaDeLaReserva2014
R560
Reserva Tinto is available to buy in increments of 1

Free nationwide delivery for orders over R1,500

Safe and secure online shopping with 8 ways to pay

Need buying advice? Speak to one of our experts. Call +27 21 448 4105

Orders shipped from our cellar within 1 working day

Quinta de la Rosa has been in the Bergqvist family since 1906, although they have been in the port trade as shippers under the family name, Feueheerd, since 1815. It currently has around 55 hectares under vine and produces around 50,000 litres of port and 160,000 litres of table wine each year. Quinta de la Rosa is situated in Northern Portugal, 100kms inland from Oporto. It is set in the heart of the Alto Douro ‘A’ grade port growing area and is located along the banks of the river, near Pinhão.

Vinification:
Traditional port varieties, mainly 60% Touriga Nacional with the rest (40%) being mixed field planted vines from the older dry stone terraced vineyards at La Rosa.

The most recent tasting notes are from the 2013 vintage:
'The 2013 Reserva is the last in our vertical, although recently seen. It adds a bit of depth to the 2012, although its fruit is not quite as lifted. It is seductive and tasty, with impeccable balance, good concentration and an elegant feel. It has already pulled in some oak. With air, it shows off some power and takes on weight. In a difficult year, this is a surprisingly good Reserva and I continue to like it a lot.' – The Wine Advocate, 93/100

More Information
Bottle Size750ml
StyleRed
CountryPortugal
Drink ToLong-term cellar
PriceR560.00
ProducerQuinta de la Rosa
RegionDouro
VarietyBlend
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Reserva Tinto

Shipping information

Wine Cellar ships throughout South Africa. See our shipping guidelines below.

FREE SHIPPING:
Available on all orders over R1,500, excluding event tickets. The expected delivery times are the same as 'Standard door-to-door' below.

STANDARD DOOR-TO-DOOR:
Shipping fees are calculated on the delivery ‘street code’ provided during checkout.

  • Cape Town & surrounds: 1 – 2 working days
  • Joburg, Pretoria, PE & Bloemfontein: 3 – 4 working days
  • Durban & regional areas: 4 – 5 working days

COLLECTION (Cape Town only):
Orders are available for free collection at our Cape Town office only. You will be notified as soon as your order is ready for collection.

CELLARING:
Wine Cellar offers professional wine storage at our premises in Cape Town. If you are not an existing cellaring client, please view our rates and set up an account by visiting our cellaring page.

JOHANNESBURG ONR:
For this special overnight road service, orders must be placed before 13h00 SAST. The order will be delivery by the close of business the following working day.

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
We use a third party courier for international shipping. Please contact info@winecellar.co.za for the rates and delivery options.

More Wines from this producer

  1. Quinta de la Rosa, Estate Douro Tinto 2015 Portugal, Douro
    R265
    34 in stock
    89
    WA
  2. Quinta de la Rosa, Vintage Port 2005 Portugal, Douro
    R1,210
    1 in stock
    16
    JR

AG: Antonio Galloni of Vinous.com  |  AM: Allen Meadows of Burghound.com  |  CE: Christian Eedes of Winemag.co.za  |  DEC: Decanter  |  GS: Greg Sherwood MW  |  JR: JancisRobinson.com  |  NM: Neal Martin of Vinous.com OM: Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show  |  PG: Platter's Guide  |  TA: Tim Atkin MW  |  WA: Wine Advocate  |  WE: Wine Enthusiast  |  WS: Wine Spectator