|About our cellars
Wine is sensitive to temperature change (as well as light, heat and humidity), so proper storage is crucial. Our secure, specialised cellars in Observatory provide ideal conditions for long or short-term wine storage. Our clients are each given a unique login and password so you can view your cellar online at any time.
Annual 2013/2014 wine storage rates
|Unit size||Price per annum||Price per week|
|Case of 12 bottles / 4 magnums||R87||R1.67|
|Case of 6 bottles||R50||R0.96|
*Includes VAT. Rooms and private bins are set at different rates; contact email@example.com for more information.
Cellaring is billed bi-annually in arrears in March and September, calculated on the weekly charge. Payment is required on invoice.
Cellaring rates include
- Receiving handling and documentation.
- Collection of initial storage within Cape Town. Subsequent collections and those outside Cape Town are charged at standard rates.
- Cataloguing and barcoding of full cases. Split or mixed cases will accrue a surcharge.
- Your cellar can be viewed online at www.winecellar.co.za. Once the stock has been received, a unique login and password will be given to each client.
- Insurance of R150 per 750ml bottle of wine for coverage of storm, wind, fire and water damage. Clients will have to use their own short-term insurance to cover values over and above this.
- Clients are required to enter into a binding agreement with Wine Cellar at the commencement of cellaring.
- Mixed cases can be documented and catalogued at a once-off R6 per wine type. I.e. a mixed case of 12 wines will attract R72 extra per case.
- We require 24 hours notice for access to reserves.
- Payment is required on invoice.
- Full payment is required on the withdrawal of all wines.
- Minimum cellaring period of 6 months per contract.
- Wine withdrawals can only be ordered via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 086 631 7931.
- Wine withdrawals are available Monday to Friday, from 8am to 5pm only.
- Wines are stored in a clean, dark, vibration-free underground cellar. The temperature is controlled at 14 degrees Centigrade (55 and 59 Fahrenheit) at a humidity of 70%.
- Daily temperatures are monitored and recorded. All cellar floors are clean and dry.
- The cellars are locked and protected with high-security alarms and closed-circuit television. Access is only permitted with a member of Wine Cellar.
- We are located off the N1, N2 and M4 in Observatory, Cape Town. We are open Monday to Friday, from 08h00 - 17h00. Special arrangement can be made to accommodate clients' access to their wine at other times.