|About our cellars
Annual 2013/2014 wine storage rates
|Unit size||Price per annum||Price per week|
|Case of 12 bottles / 4 magnums||R87||R1.67|
|Case of 6 bottles||R50||R0.96|
*Includes VAT. Rooms and private bins are set at different rates; please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cellaring is billed bi-annually in arrears in March and September, calculated on the weekly charge. Payment is required on invoice.
Cellaring rates include
- Receiving handling and documentation.
- Collection of initial storage within Cape Town. Subsequent collections and those outside Cape Town are charged at standard rates.
- Cataloguing and barcoding of full cases. Split or mixed cases will accrue a surcharge.
- Your cellar can be viewed online at www.winecellar.co.za. Once the stock has been received, a unique login and password will be given to each client.
- Insurance of R150 per 750ml bottle of wine for coverage of storm, wind, fire and water damage. Clients will have to use their own short-term insurance to cover values over and above this.
- Clients are required to enter into a binding agreement with Wine Cellar at the commencement of cellaring.
- Mixed cases can be documented and catalogued at a once-off R6 per wine type. I.e. a mixed case of 12 wines will attract R72 extra per case.
- We require 24 hours notice for access to reserves.
- Payment is required on invoice.
- Full payment is required on the withdrawal of all wines.
- Minimum cellaring period of 6 months per contract.
- Wine withdrawals can only be ordered via email to email@example.com, or by fax to 086 631 7931.
- Wine withdrawals are available Monday to Friday, from 8am to 5pm only.
- Wines are stored in a clean, dark, vibration-free underground cellar. The temperature is controlled at 14 degrees Centigrade (55 and 59 Fahrenheit) at a humidity of 70%.
- Daily temperatures are monitored and recorded. All cellar floors are clean and dry.
- The cellars are locked and protected with high-security alarms and a closed-circuit television. Access only permitted with a member of Wine Cellar.
- We are located off the N1, N2 and M4 in Observatory, Cape Town. We are open Monday to Friday, from 08h00 - 17h00. Special arrangement can be made to accommodate clients' access to their wine at other times.