Wine Cellar offers a platform for selling your fine and rare wines, whether they be mature older vintages or relatively recent releases.
Which wines are most sought after?
- Fine Bordeaux and Burgundy, as well as well-known wines from around Europe.
- Good vintage, top-condition South African reds from the ‘60s, ‘70s and ‘80s. Top vintages include 1965, 1966, 1968, 1972, 1974, 1978, 1979 as well as the even years in the 1980s.
- Young vintages from South Africa’s 'blue-chip' wineries such as Kanonkop, Boekenhoutskloof, Klein Constantia, Sadie Family and Meerlust are starting to gain traction as investment wines.
How to sell your wines
We will only consider wines that have been stored under temperature-controlled conditions. Collections from unknown cellars will have to be tasted in order to approve their saleability. Once assessed, we can assist in pricing and may consider purchasing the collection outright.
- Wines must be catalogued and stored at Wine Cellar in order to be brokered.
- Bottles with ullage or damaged labels will yield lower prices.
- Wine Cellar charges a 20% commission on brokerage sales.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 448 4105.